Saarinen Tulip Chair
by Eero Saarinen, 1955-1957
— from 1.309,00 €*
3% advance payment discount: 1.315,32 €
(Save 40,68 €)
Versions which are in stock and immediately available (click here)
These items are in stock and are deliverable immediately.
Designed as an exercise in clarifying form, Eero Saarinen's Tulip chair sets new standards for modern design.
- Saarinen Tulip chair from Knoll International
- Base is a cast aluminum, rilsan coated finish (white or black)
- Shell is moulded fibreglass with a reinforced, plastic bonded finish in white or black
- Unupholstered or upholstered foam cushion is removable, with zippered cover and Velcro fastening
- Available with a swivel action or fixed position
- Height 81/82 cm, width 49 cm, depth 53 cm, seat height: 49 cm
- Tonus covers, other covers available.
- KnollStudio logo and Eero Saarinen's signature stamped under the base
*incl. VAT, excl. shipping
More about 'Saarinen Tulip Chair' in our blog
... On March 4th 2012 the Grassi Museum for Applied Arts Leipzig opened the final part of their permanent exhibition. An exhibition very close to our hearts. Now you know us, we 've nothing against baroque or ancient Japanese furniture and...
... Eames and Saarinen's architectural careers also involved an early joint project. In January 1945 the US Magazine Arts & Architecture publisher John Entenza wrote an editorial calling for greater use of mass production technology in...
... Eero Saarinen was able to make use of the gaps produced by Philippe Starck to good effect scoring with his Tulip Chair and a pedestal table for a thoroughly deserved 2:0 victory The Group D table and all Group D results can be found...
... For the sake of completeness we should also mention George Nelson's Swag Leg Chair, a design which relies heavily - albeit with permission - on both the technology and narrative of the Conversation Chair. Currently marketed by Vitra...
All 'Saarinen Tulip Chair'-posts