(Operator of smow.com)
Protecting your privacy and your personal data is of special importance to us. Below we provide information concerning the handling of your data.
§1 The Basics
(1) Responsible for the collection, processing and use of personal data through and by www.smow.com is labelfarm GmbH, Spinnereistr. 7 / PF 106, 04179 Leipzig, Germany - hereafter "labelfarm".
(2) Questions concerning the collection, processing and use of personal data and requests concerning disclosure, corrections, blocking or deletion of data and revocation of given consent should be addressed to:
Spinnereistr. 7 / PF 106
Telephone: +49 341 2222 88 22
Fax: +49 341 2222 88 12
(3) According to the German Federal Data Protection Act you have, assuming you meet the legal conditions, the right to free disclosure of information on data held concerning yourself and a right to request correction, blocking or deletion of data.
(4) labelfarm employs extensive technical and operational safety precautions for the protection of personal data, for example, against unauthorised access and abuse. labelfarm uses a secure transmission method, known as SSL transmission (Secure Socket Layer) to process user data. Your personal data and payment details are therefore sent encrypted over the internet. Our online services and other systems are protected by technical and organisational measures against the loss, destruction, unauthorised access, modification and distribution of your data by unauthorized parties. These protective measures are regularly adapted to meet current technological changes and standards.
(5) Data is collected, processed and used on the basis of the users consent, a legal permission or legal requirement. If for business purposes anonymous or pseudonymous data are sufficient, only these forms of data are accessed.
§2 Use of labelfarm's Online Services
(1) labelfarm collects and uses user data to the extent necessary to permit the use of the online service of labelfarm or for accounting purposes and in further legally permissible cases and with the users consent.
(2) You can visit our site without providing any personal information. In such cases we store only non-personal access data such as that from so-called "log files", which are transmitted to us by the users internet browser. This information includes, for example: browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL (previously visited page), host name of accessing computer (IP address) or date/time of the server inquiry. This information cannot allow us to identify individuals and is necessary in order for labelfarm to present their online services and to ensure a secure communication. A compilation of this data together with other data sources is not undertaken. This data is deleted after a statistical analysis.
§3 Ordering from and Membership with labelfarm
(1) We collect, store, process and use your data for the purposes of processing your order, including providing individual customer advice and support as well as in case of possible future warranty claims.
(2) For the transmission and smooth processing of an order, a user account and the associated input of personal data - in particular valid contact information and where applicable payment information - is necessary. Access to your account is secure and only possible after entering your personal password. The customer is responsible for keeping personal access information confidential and to prevent any unauthorized third party access. labelfarm will accept no responsibility for any damage resulting from misuse of personal access information.
(3) We collect, store, modify, use and transmit personal data for the purposes of considering and settling of contracts with users or contract relationships, including individual and personal customer advice and support, and to protect the legitimate business interests of labelfarm. To the extent necessary to fulfil all contract obligations we may transfer personal data via encrypted connection to third parties, for example, delivery companies, smow stores or for the purpose of credit checks to credit agencies or for the legitimacy and implementation of payments to our payment service providers. In case of delivery of the goods by freight carrier, we will supply the transportation company with your telephone number, so that a planned delivery is possible. The data provided may be used by the recipient solely to carry out its task. The use of personal data for other purposes is dependent on the prior consent from the user.
(1) In connection with the provision of online services so-called "cookies" are employed by labelfarm. "cookies" are text files which are stored on the visitor's computer when visiting a website. "cookies" are used once, and for longer periods, and allow labelfarm to make specific settings and certain functions of the online services permanently available to returning users. The text files contain no address data (such as name or email address of the visitor) or other personal information and will not be linked with other labelfarm data sources.
(2) In addition "cookies" enable an analysis of website usage and thus allow us to make our website more user friendly, effective and safer.
(3) For the purposes of advertising, market research or for the customized design of the labelfarm online services user profiles using pseudonyms may be created, provided that the user does not object. Users can inform labelfarm of their objection at any time via e-mail (). User profiles will at no point be merged with the pseudonym data.
(4) Users can set their web browser to prevent the storage of "cookies". In individual cases, however, this may mean that personal online quotes/services or certain features of the website can no longer be used.
§5 Use of Data for Web Analysis
(1) labelfarm uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Through Google Analytics data is collected and stored, from which using pseudonyms user profiles are created. These usage profiles are used to analyse visitor behaviour and for the purposes of improving and tailoring our services. Without the express consent of the user the pseudonymous profiles will be not combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym.
(3) On behalf of the operator of this online service Google will use the collected information to evaluate your use of the online service, to compile reports on online activities. The IP address transmitted as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google. Google may also transfer this information to third parties, in as much as this required by law or the third parties process the information on behalf of Google.
(5) You can also prevent the collection of data via the cookie concerning your use of this online service (incl. your IP address) and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the following plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(7) We point out that in this online offer the Google Analytics code has been extended through the addition of "gat._anonymizeIp();" to ensure an anonymous collection of IP addresses through Google Analytics (so-called IP masking.)
§6 Use of Social Plugins
(1) In order to protect our customers privacy and to reduce data traffic, our website is not equipped with the official social plugins ("Plugins") from social networks such as Facebook or Google+. Instead, we are handling this functionality with the help of a third-party plugin called Shariff, developed by c't (Heise Medien GmbH & Co. KG, www.heise.de/ct)
(2) When the user of our online services visits a page no direct connection is being established between the user's browser and the server of one of the social media platform operators. This ensures that no information about the visitor's surfing behaviour on our website is being transferred to any operator.
(3) Only if the user interacts with the Shariff plugin, for example, clicks the "Like" or "+1" button or adds a comment while logged into Facebook or Google+, the relevant information from their browser will be sent directly to the social network and stored.
(4) Further information and detailed explanation about the functionality Shariff can be found here: http://heise.de/-2467514.
(5) We have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and the subsequent use through Facebook or Google. For more information, please refer to the respective privacy policies of operators. Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ Google: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1047397.
(6) If you would like to prevent such data collection and use, you must log out of your Facebook or Google+ before you visit our website.
§7 Advertising and Newsletter
(1) In addition to the use of data to process your order, the use or transfer of personal data by labelfarm for the purposes of advertising or market and opinion research is allowed, in as far as this is not objected to by the user. If the user agrees to the receipt of newsletters, they receive these - until cancellation of the service - at irregular intervals and exclusively from labelfarm.
(2) In order to subscribe for the newsletter it is obligatory to enter your email address. Optionally, you can also submit your surname and family name to receive a more personalised newsletter.
(3) The smow newsletter is distributed using "MailChimp", a service operated by the Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
(4) The email addresses of our newsletter recipients are stored on the servers of MailChimp in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. MailChimp however does not use the addresses of our newsletter recipients for its own mailings nor does it pass them on to third parties.
(6) The smow newsletter contains a so-called "web beacon" - a pixel-sized file which communicates with the MailChimp server when the newsletter is opened. Within the framework of this communication basic technical information, such as the browser you are using, the operating system and also your IP address, are registered.
(7) The statistical analysis also includes the determination of whether the newsletter was opened, when it was opened, and which links were clicked. These evaluations serve exclusively to recognise the reading habits of our users and to allow us to adapt our content appropriately.
(8) The user can submit their objection at any time by deactivating the respective function in their labelfarm account or by simple notification, for example, via e-mail () without causing any costs except the basic costs for transferral. The cancellation of the newsletter susbcription also includes the cancellation of the distribution via MailChimp as well as the analysis.
§8 Declarations of Consent
(1) You have expressly granted the following consents and we have logged your consent. According to the German Telemedia Act, we are obligated to keep the contents of consent decelerations readily retrievable. You can revoke your future consent at any time.
[Field to enter the salutation]
[Field to enter the first name]
[Field for entering the surname]
[Field to enter the e-mail address]*
Fields with a * are required.
[ ] Yes, I would like to receive information about special offers and new products.
[ ] Yes, I would like to receive information about special offers and new products.